Book An Appointment
Please Feel Free To Contact Us. We Will Get Back To You With 1-2 Hours.
1 (877) 287-2520
Tests and Treatments Available
CCRSFL offers Rapid Syphilis Testing. What are the benefits of testing with CCRSFL?
- Readily accessible rapid syphilis testing and conventional, lab-based syphilis testing for individuals at increased risk for syphilis
- Syphilis testing at low or no cost to individuals who would not otherwise be able to afford testing
- Client-centered counseling designed to reduce client risk of acquiring or transmitting syphilis
- Appropriate follow-up and care to treat and cure identified syphilis cases
How is syphilis spread?
According to the CDC, Syphilis spreads from person-to-person by direct contact with a syphilitic sore, known as a chancre. Chancres can occur in, on, or around the penis, vagina, anus, rectum, and lips or mouth. Syphilis can spread during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Pregnant people with syphilis also can transmit the infection to their unborn child.
What are some statistics for Syphilis?
Syphilis case reports continue to increase since reaching a historic low in 2000 and 2001. During 2020, there were 133,945 new cases of syphilis (all stages). Men who have sex with men (MSM) are experiencing extreme effects of syphilis. They account for 43 percent of all primary and secondary syphilis cases in the 2020 STD Surveillance Report. They also account for 53 percent of all male P&S cases. However, case rates are increasing among heterosexual men and women in recent years. 1 Congenital syphilis continues to be a concern in the United States. Congenital syphilis occurs when a pregnant person passes syphilis to their baby. Preliminary 2021 data show more than 2,100 cases of congenital syphilis.
Who should get tested for Syphilis?
- Men who have sex with men (MSM)
- People living with HIV
- People who are pregnant
- People who have been diagnosed with a gonorrhea or chlamydia infection
- Partners of people who have tested positive for syphilis People who are sexually active and live in areas with high syphilis rates
- People who are taking PrEP for HIV prevention
- People in correctional facilities
Contact any of our offices if you need testing and treatment.
106 Boston Avenue Suite 204
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
7492 Cypress Garden Boulevard
Winter Haven, FL 33884
1008 West Hallandale Beach Boulevard
Hallandale Beach, FL 33009
Phone: 1 (877) 287-2520